Your ‘1 Minute of Fame’ pitch should include:
1. Who you are
2. The name and category of your business
3. Something of interest
4. Who you’d like to be introduced to.
Your “something of interest” could be:
- Why and how you are an expert in your field. So tell the group something educational and show how it can benefit them.
- Your unique selling proposition) – being clear on how you are different, makes you stand out.
- You could give a brief example/case study describing how you helped someone in the last fortnight.
- Share a success story of your own.
- Looking for referral partners within a specific industry/area etc.
- You can also offer a special promotion, but please don’t do this all the time. Remember: if you come to sell you will repel!
Be specific on your area of focus within your pitch:
- I would like to share an experience of a client that I helped (talk to the ideal client and problem saved.
- I have had several people come to me about a problem I’m solving.
- I would like to increase my business in the area of (industry) because of (a problem I solve) and so I’m looking to be introduced to.
- I am looking for someone who is connected with <> as I would like an introduction.
Be sure you are aware of the amount of time you have for your ‘1 Minute of Fame’ which is 1 minute and you finish it within that time, including addressing the icebreaker in the last 5 seconds.