Many businesses focus solely on improving their search engine rankings, without giving a thought to how they can improve the SEO of their website. This is a mistake! If you want your website to rank higher in Google, then there are five steps that you should take today.
1) Get an expert audit: An SEO company will be able to analyze and improve the code of your site so that it loads faster.
2) Optimize content for mobile: If people who visit your site are using mobile devices, then make sure that everything is optimized for this device type. It's important because 61% of all internet traffic comes from mobile devices.
3) Create social media posts with links back to your site: Posting content on your social media sites is a great way to increase the number of links that point back to your site.
To make it even more effective, add a link in each post that directs people straight to where they can find what they're looking for on your website. Make sure you have an Instagram account and use hashtags wisely so people will be able to see those posts when searching through Instagram's search bar or browsing its feed.
4) Create Engaging Content: Content is king. But not just any content, engaging content that's relevant to your target audience will give you the best chance of success when it comes to getting people back on your site.
If you're struggling with finding ways to engage with a group that doesn't like what they see about 60% of the time then try mixing things up and creating content for different groups instead.
For example, if you blog regularly, make sure there are posts geared towards those who want something more technical or in-depth so that another post can be created for those who don't have as much patience for long-form text.
5) Use Alt tags: When you upload a photo there's an option to write out the text, also known as alt tags. They give the reader more information about what they're looking at and if used correctly can earn your site higher rankings on Google. So always use alt tags when you upload a photo, it's good for your SEO and the reader.
A few things worth mentioning:
- Social Media content with links back up to the blog is very good SEO content because someone might look at this article, then go into Facebook just by clicking one button from the bottom right corner! This clicks them off their current screen which has no SEO value but over